Thursday, October 27, 2011

best thing i ever ate (caro version)

if you know me well, i talk about food... A LOT.
because
food
is
so
good.
and God is sooooo good for making food taste delicious.
He seriously could have made all food taste horrible, or bland, or like nothing! but He didn't, and God, who has blessed us with taste buds and olfaction to smell food, ought to be praised for creating us in this way. no wonder we always pray before we eat. =)
the topic on food is definitely one that i use to break the ice. it is seriously a painful topic, however, when you're talking about the most delicious thing you've ever eaten and you're salivating over it, but the food that you're describing is not within reach. well, it's definitely going to be a difficult post to write because i guarantee i will start drooling over food as i'm typing. inspired by food network's the best thing i ever ate, here is my list of the best of's.

best breakfast i ever ate: cafe 21's shrimp corncakes

best sandwich i ever ate: langer's deli #19 or primanti brother's turkey sandwich w/fried egg

best burger i ever ate: hodad's bacon cheeseburger

best refreshing thing i ever ate: yuchun's chic naeng myun

best cheap food i ever ate: dino's chicken plate w/fries, corn tortillas, and coleslaw

best expensive thing i ever ate: the bazaar's beef cheeks

best fried thing i ever ate: tie between disneyland's corn dog and peterson's donuts' pink glazed, sprinkled donut

best out of state thing i ever ate: hot doug's the paul kelly w/the works

best food truck dish:border grill's green corn tamal

best thing i could eat for the rest of my life: mario's lomo saltado

best hole in the wall dish i ever ate: suchitlan's pupusas with their homemade slaw

best dessert i ever ate: ici's rosemary pine nut praline ice cream

i really don't know who reads this blog anymore, but if you are a reader, PLEASE send me your list, so that i could try other yummy eateries. =)

and to conclude, my mouth really did water when writing this post. i'm sorta feeling like my dog, sonny, right now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. :) I wish I were a foodie but alas, I don't care enough. :( I really wish I did, though...

    I don't have a list of favorites as such but I do want to try one of them with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, moon.
    you will HAVE to be part of my food discovery adventures =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://courtlynnphoto.blogspot.com/2011/11/best-thing-i-ever-ate.html

    YES. SO. Much. Fun.

    Take me to the naeng myun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seongbukdong in Ktown has the best galbi jjim and kimchi godeunguh jjim.
    Also their banchan tastes really fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete