Friday, September 2, 2011

in the cheeseball mood

brace yourselves, because this is definitely a cheesy post...

a couple of nights ago, my roommate and i had our disciplers over for dinner. after eating and chatting, we decided to watch the movie, My Sister's Keeper. not really sure if i was in love with the movie, but i was pretty impressed with the soundtrack.

in one of the scenes, Edwina Hayes' version of Feels Like Home was playing. the lyrics of the song immediately captured my attention, and if you know me well, i am TERRIBLE at paying attention to words in songs (i've gotten called out a bunch of times on the music i used to mindlessly listen to). anyway, it's such a simple love song, but i absolutely love it.

not sure when or if i'm going to get married, but if i do, as a gift, i'd want to sing this song for him on our wedding day. this is kind of a big deal for me, because though i may sing a lot on praise team or for special events, never in my life have i done a solo where someone else isn't there with me. i freak out of the thought of singing by myself. but if God chooses to provide a man that i will love for the rest of my life, i'd be willing to do something gutsy like this. i hope i don't chicken out...i guess since i'm publicly posting this, i'd be held accountable for what i said i'd do.

anyway, enjoy the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9wFydQFYc

No comments:

Post a Comment