Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving {2}

Thankful for...
God's grace. I was originally scheduled to work the day after Thanksgiving because my boss always needs a person to watch the phones/front desk if he's at work. Knowing this since I first started working, I was pretty bummed for the first couple of months of working. I let my parents know how I only get Thanksgiving day off, and they told me it was best to just stay in San Diego b/c it wasn't worth driving to and back in 1 day. That was hard for me to hear because I haven't visited home since I started working. If I remember correctly, I probably complained about this to someone once a day. When November hit, rather than continuing to sulk over how I can't be with my family for the holidays, I decided to make the most of my time in San Diego and create opportunities to serve others. I looked up tons of different holiday recipes to see what I could make for those who are also staying in San Diego. God was preparing my heart to be content. Funny how God works, because once I completely came to terms staying in SD, my boss told me this past Monday that I could get Black Friday off. I am undeserving, but I am one grateful person.

Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more
Romans 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment